With opulent sea views over the enchanting Indian Ocean, you can’t top Savoy Seychelles but how should you theme the Big Day? Here are some suggestions:
The Western Ceremony will require the following considerations:
- As the traditional Western Wedding regalia, the bride will invariably wear a white dress.
- To complete the look, a white face veil signifies purity and virginity.
- A custom dating back to the 1800’s, “something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue” are considered to be good luck charms that should be incorporated into the bride’s outfit.
- As a time-honoured tradition, it is expected for the bride to throw her bouquet into the eagerly awaiting crowd of female wedding guests. It has long been believed that whoever catches the bouquet will be the next to marry.
Tropical Island Style
When in Paradise… the Tropical Island Style wedding can be as formal or informal as you wish. Here are some ideas:
- Choose bright tropical floral arrangements for the dinner table.
- Floating candles, tea lights and pillar candles will add a touch of romance to the celebrations.
- Keep it elegant and classy, even if you have a multi-coloured theme.
- Lavish in the beautiful Seychelles setting with colourful tropical flowers, wooden table tops and a clear top tent to host the reception.
- Accessorise, accessorise! A necklace crafted from fresh flowers, fresh leaves, silk flowers, nuts, shells or anything tropical for that matter… this will add the perfect finishing touch to any wedding outfit.
The Creole Touch dictates a vintage dress code. The combination of rustic, country, classy or southern styles can be applied to the wedding attire and décor alike. Looking for some Creole inspiration? Look no further:
- Your wedding dress must have a spectral airy look.
- It should be comfortable and it must adjust beautifully to suit any body shape.
- The wedding gown might contain a combination of gleaming embroidery, full length sleeves and a charming V-neck.
- You can be inspired with a Titanic theme or a Great Gatsby theme. These famous Hollywood movies were set between 1912 and 1925.
The Creole Touch is a New Orleans/French inspired wedding theme, enjoying rich colours and great food.
Choosing a wedding theme can be really challenging... it’s the biggest day of your life so it needs to be perfect!
A Wedding in Seychelles promises fresh flowers and savoury island cuisine that is sure to please even the most discerning palate. We'll handle every last romantic detail to make sure that you enjoy the wonder of the moment with your family and friends.